Monday, May 10, 2010

activism: quick & easy

Finals are winding down and I know just what you're thinking "hey, I have 5 minutes free... I wonder what I could do right now to have a positive impact on the world..."

Well friends I have just the solution to your musings =) I've fallen in love with this organization/website called Avaaz. Avaaz means "voice" in many different languages around the world. The idea behind this website is to provide constructive ways for you to lend your voice to different issues you care about. The organization proudly touts that via their website 19,329,252 actions have been taken since its launch in January '07.

You can sign petitions, email law makers, or even take a more aggressive action. So what will your issue of the day be? GM foods? offshore drilling? relief in Haiti?

www.avaaz.org

No comments:

Post a Comment